Sunday, December 11, 2011

C4T Comments for Teachers

Steve Wheeler

In the month of November I read and commented on Steve Wheeler's blog. Steve is an Associate Professor of learning technology in the Faculty of Health, Education and Society, at Plymouth University.

The first post I commented on was In Flanders Fields. This was a poem by John McRae that was about the graves in of the falling soldiers in Flanders Field. I commented " I am a student at the University of South Alabama whom is enrolled in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class. I enjoyed the poem. Although I have never been to Flanders Fields I have heard lots of stories from JROTC instructors when I was in high school. One day I hope to go and see for myself."

The next post was A Head Teacher Writes. This post was similar to Tom Johnson's Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home. A guy who wanted to bring in I pads or tablets for every child so they could be mobile and take them home was denied by many. Stating that many teachers, parents, and others were against it because it was a waist of tax payers money or because they were illiterate to using one. I understood this metaphor now that I know that "pencils" is code name for laptops and tablets. My comment was "I love that. Being that I read a paper titled Pencils, I understood the metaphor. I think it is great that teachers call technology pencils. Quite funny actually."

No comments:

Post a Comment