Friday, November 4, 2011

C4T #3

For the past couple of days I have been following the "Tech for Teachers" facebook page. My first comment was on a video titled "Play Again Film Trailer." This video was about children not going outside to be apart of nature anymore. Now days kids spend majority of their time watching television or playing video games. Yes, they make video games such as the Wii or Xbox Kinect where you are the controller. When I was growing up I know I got a bike as a present either every Christmas or every other Christmas. Where as kids now don't ask for bikes, skates, jump ropes, side- walk chalk to make hop scotch. They just ask for games and more games. I am curious on how children of today's time would react if there was no such thing as Wii, XBox, or Playstions? Sounds like a great idea.
The second video that I watched was "Why Let Our Students Blog" by Rachel Boyd of New Zealand. In summary of this video, Rachel gave a couple of good reasons to why our students should blog. Not only should they blog to communicate or to expand outside the classroom but "to give them skills useful for their digital future." I agree with Rachel because while being in EDM 310 I have learned more things about what I can do with my laptop than I did in my computer class. Not speaking bad of my computer class. Kids can learn a majority of things from blogging and also meet new people.

Uncle Sam

1 comment:

  1. The teacher blogs sound neat. You need to proofread and add links.

    ReplyDelete