Friday, November 4, 2011

Blog Post #11

Save the Children
After watching the video "First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class," I realized that Ms. Cassidy has a class of intelligent 6 year old students. In Ms. Cassidy's first grade class they know how to use blogs, webpages, wiki's, and skype in order to communicate with students from other places. In my class I would like to bring blogs, webpages, and skype into my classroom. I would use the blogs for my students assignments on a daily bases to teach them how to read for comprehension and write correctly. The webpages would allow my students to check and follow what will be going on in class. The most important thing would be skype, because I would like for my students to interact with students in other places who are on the same level as they are.
Of course nothing ever goes exactly as plan without a little trials and tribulations to get to that point. My problems would consider between both student and parents. After graduation, I would like to start off by teaching here in Mobile but then move to Georgia where I will educate in one of the rural areas because I volunteer at my mom school and seeing those kids not having the same opportunity I had in elementary with playing guitars, recorders, learning Spanish. I want to give back to my community. This will be a problem because after school is over many of my students won't have access to a computer unless they go to the nearest library but what if their parent don't have transportation? Not only would this problem stop my students, parents might get upset because their child couldn't do their work. With that being said this should encourage the parents to get on the band wagon so they can't complain why their child is "left behind" technology wise. In order to solve my problems plan A would be to encourage my students to do fundraisers where it will allow them to afford a computer inside their homes. If plan A fails plan B would be to go to my school system and government where I would argue the "no child left behind" act. Like the teacher from the movie "Freedom Writers," I will stop at nothing to better educate my students because by all means the children are our future.
Freedom Writers

1 comment:

  1. "My problems would consider between both student and parents." I do not understand what you are trying to say in this sentence.

    "Of course nothing ever goes exactly as plan without a little trials and tribulations to get to that point. " As planned. This would be better: Of course nothing ever goes exactly as planned. We often encounter trials and tribulations we must overcome.

    "This will be a problem because after school is over many of my students won't have access to a computer unless they go to the nearest library but what if their parent don't have transportation?" Let's see. We are talking about 2016 at the earliest. I think you will probably find this statement to be incorrect by then. You certainly can't worry about it now. Think positively! Remember Vicki Davis?

    ReplyDelete