Friday, September 30, 2011

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student
The 21st century student does many things that we are being taught in our EDM 310 class. Just like I am assigned, he reads other blogs and comment on them. He also writes his own blog where other classmates and others can review and comment on. Like many students in the 21st century he uses his iPod as a learning device.
The video asks the question "why do we even need a teacher?". Teachers are needed whether or not technology exist. In this instants, it looks as teachers are not needed because a student can look up and learn anything through the internet. A teacher's responsibility is to guide their students by helping them learn on their own, to answer questions students have, and to guide them through the learning process.
I think this video shows a lot of great things that the internet can do. It also shows the things we are learning in this class and it helped me understand the ways that it will better my future. Not only will this help us out, but it will also help future students who are studying the same thing and run across our blogs.

A 7th Grader PLE
As I listened and watch the video, I thought to myself that this could not be a 7th grader. The way she talked portrayed her to be in a higher grade level than what she is. She is intelligent and organized to be in the 7th grade. I can remember when I was in the 7th grade I had notebook paper outside of my binders crumbled at the bottom of my book bag. She mentions that she likes doing her work better on the computer because she can do it at her own time and in her own way. If all students were like her, grades would rise. With a checklist, like myself, she still feels like she has independence. With that being said, it gives her the feeling independence where she but still having deadlines for her assignments but its all up to her when and how it is completed.
Although I have not yet set up my PLN, I plan to use Symbaloo just as this 7th grader did. Another classmate of mine told me that this program is easier to use rather than delicious. Just as hers was helpful to me, I hope mine will also be helpful to someone who looks at mine later down the road.

Personal Learning Environment

No comments:

Post a Comment